O.K. so I have a great, fantastic client who has asked me to write a book about her workplace philosophy. The nonfiction book about creating positive workplace environments is geared toward small businesses and human resource administrators for large businesses. The client really wants to promote this book and her philosophy and has thrown down a $500 challenge for me to find a celebrity to endorse this book. Now celebrity endorsements are often sought but not gotten. And even when they are secured they can turn into nightmares. Case in point Tiger Gone Bad and Gilbert Gottfried’s bad taste tsumnai tweets. But they can also catapult your business, product or in our case book into the stratosphere. Not because celebrity’s give you money but they give you influence. See: Oprah’s Book Club.
But Oprah has fallen off in the last year and according to Forbes staff writer Dorothy Pomerantz, the queen of talk has lost a bit of her luster. Yet she is still a heavyweight when it comes to influence.
So like it or hate it Kim Kardashian and her ilk are influencing someone to do what we’re not sure yet. But there’s a surprising pop culture icon that is harnessing the power of social media to ad to his influence cred. It’s someone you wouldn’t expect:
Bill Cosby. With more than 2.6million Twitter followers and nearly 19,000 followers on Viddy (a video social networking site I’ve never even heard of)…this 70+ cat is doing his thing with a New Jack swing besting many of his younger counterparts in the digital celebrity currency race.
So you can help me! If you help me find a celebrity to either endorse the book or be quoted in the book I’ll split the finder’s fee with you 50/50. There are rules though:
- The book is about creating a work Happy environment.
- The book will be given mostly to small businesses and also be featured in a couple of television spots, media segments and online marketing campaigns as well as YouTube, and the usual social media outlets.
- The celebrity has to be recognizable by the average person
- He/she can’t be too controversial so anyone from a reality show is OUT…
- He/she must agree to be in the book for you to get the cash. We don’t need much, a quote, a short scenario will do.
E-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re up for the challenge!